Friday, February 19, 2010
Link to Original
Good news from Rome: the Vatican has further underlined the freedom of priests to celebrate Mass in the Extraordinary Form whenever they choose. Two important points have been clarified by Ecclesia Dei, which will make it more difficult for the English, Welsh and above all Scottish bishops to stall the implementation of Summorum Pontificum:
1. A priest does NOT have to be approached by a “stable group” of the faithful in order to schedule a PUBLIC celebration of the Extraordinary Form – he may choose to do so, for example, in order to introduce his parishioners to this ancient form of the Roman Rite. Or because it’s his aunt’s birthday. Any reason, really.
2. A Mass in the Extraordinary Form may replace a regularly scheduled Mass in the Ordinary Form.
You can find more details of the Ecclesia Dei ruling here, on the excellent New Liturgical Movement blog. I do hope that priests will be encouraged by this document to exercise their full rights under Summorum Pontificum. I know of several instances in which British bishops are trying to undermine the Pope’s wishes, though I’m not going to go public where it would make the situation worse. But it is common knowledge that the situation is particularly serious is Scotland, where EF Masses are extremely rare and official claims that there is no demand for them need to be scrutinised very carefully, shall we say. More on that later.
Meanwhile, traditionalist priests and seminarians should take heart. Your hour is coming.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
To all the Catholic Faithful
H1N1 INFLUENZA VIRUS
Greetings of Peace and Joy,
The media has been updating us on the growing threat of the H1N1 influenza pandemic in the world and most especially the increasing number of deaths in our country.
I wish to exhort each of you to take special care of your health and be extra cautious when in places with large gatherings.
As a precaution, the following will be observed in our Churches:
* Communion will only be given in your hand
* Holy water will not be placed in the fonts
* Avoid shaking hands during the sign of peace
Please continue to pray for God's blessing of good health for all.
God bless you.
I have several questions for His Lordship:
1) Wouldn't a better precaution would be to advise those with flu-like symptoms to stay at home instead?
2) How would the execrable practice of Communion in the hand be a good precaution against the virus when there will also be contact with the faithful's hands? This also seems to contradict the third precaution listed above. We might as well suspend giving Holy Communion temporarily until the situation improves. Or is it because receiving Holy Communion at every Mass is a mandatum of Novus Ordo mass goers?
Wednesday, February 03, 2010
The SSPX District of Asia announces its
Pilgrimage to the
Holy Shroud and to Italian Shrines
May 16 – 29, 2010
May 16 Departure from Singapore at 23:45 for Milan on SQ 378
May 17 Visit of Milan: Cathedral, Museum, churches, St Augustine, St Ambrose
May 18 Torino: Holy Shroud, Basilica of Our Lady Help of Christian, incorrupt body of Don Bosco
May 19 Padua: St Anthony, tomb of St Luke Evangelist
May 20 Ravena, Rimini
May 21 Loreto, House of our Lady
May 22 Lanciano, San Givanni Rotondo, Monte Gargano
May 23 Mugnano: Mass at St Philomena’s shrine
May 24 - 27 Rome, Cascia, Catacombs
May 28 Departure from Rome airport at 12 noon for Singapore
600 euros for the pilgrimage proper which includes: bus, 3 star hotels and SSPX priories, breakfast and evening dinner, two per room (in hotels – in Rimini and Albano, it varies), and of course, daily mass. Tour guide: Fr. Couture. The price is for each pilgrim of a group of 40 people. We can take a maximum of 50. In which case, there will be a little refund. If we are less than 40, the price will be slightly higher.
A group airfare is being inquired for those who want to travel on the precise dates and to and from the mentioned cities given above. If you arrive earlier and/or leave later, or from other cities, you will need to get your own ticket.
Dead line to fill in and send the form : Feb. 10.
Fr. D. Couture
Registration form for the Italy 2010 Pilgrimage
of the District of Asia
Please write in block letters
A) Personal Information
Full name as it is in Passport: ___ _____________
Address: ____ _________
City _____ ____ Zip code ___________ Country _____ ____________
Passport no. _____ _______________ Exp. Date____ ______________________________
Date of birth ___ ____ Male __ Female _ Nationality ____ ________
Email address ____ _____ _____________________________ Telephone_____________
B) Pilgrimage matters
Mandatory Insurance : I have taken a medical and repatriation insurance: Yes ___ No ___
Deposit : I have enclosed 100 euros as my deposit and I know that this is non refundable : _ ____
· [ ] I want to join the group booking
· [ ] I already know the details of my flights:
o Arrival in Milan
§ [ ] By plane: date_ ____ Airline______
o flight no time
§ [ ] By other means. I will meet you at the hotel
o Departure from Rome (or elsewhere) __________date
o Airline flight no. time
· [ ] I do not yet know the details of my flights but will let you know as soon as possible.
· I would like an individual room, and I am ready to pay the supplement of approx. 100 euros __________
· I want to share a room with (name) ______________________________________________
· If there are rooms with 3 beds, I would like to share them with __________________ and _____________________
Special food or medical or any other matters that Fr. Couture needs to know:__________________________________
In case of emergency, contact person (name and telephone): _ ______________________________________________
Before February 10, 2010
Please give this form with the 100 euro deposit to Fr. Couture.
- Procession: O God Almighty Father
- Asperges me
- Introit: Exsurge, quare obdormis
- Kyrie XI (Orbis factor)
- Gradual: Sciant gentes
- Tract: Commovisti
- Credo IV
- Offertory: Perfice gressus meos
- Offertory hymn: Ave Maria (J. Arcadelt)
- Sanctus XI
- Agnus Dei XI
- Communion: Introibo ad altare Dei with Psalm 42:4
- Recession: Soul Of My Savior