In conjunction with the 465th anniversary of St Francis Xavier's arrival in Melaka (Malacca) and the District of Asia's Crusade for Vocations, there will be a pilgrimage to Melaka on June 12, 2010. Pilgrims will begin to walk starting from Ayer Salak's Church of St. Mary, ending with a Sung Mass of the Sacred Heart. Of course for those who are elderly or unable to walk the entire stretch, there will be cars accompanying the entire walk.
Date: Saturday, June 12, 2010
- 5.00 am Meet at St Mary's Church, Ayer Salak
- 5.30 am The 20 km walk begins (bring your own snack). We will have to walk in separate small groups for security and legal reasons. And we cannot walk on the road.
- 10.00-10.30 am End of walk. Freshen up and prepare for mass. The venue is: The hall of the Association of Straits-Born Chinese of Malacca, JALAN TUN TAN CHENG LOCK (HEEREN ST), MELAKA, MALAYSIA.
- 11.00 am Holy Mass
- 12:30 pm Lunch at Makko Nyonya Restaurant (nearby)
- 2.00 pm Conference by Fr Couture
- 2.30 pm Proceed to St Paul's Hill
- 4.00 pm End of Pilgrimage
Let us offer this pilgrimage to obtain some Malaysian and Singaporean vocations, in particular!
For further details, please contact District of Asia (email: district at sspxasia.com, tel: +65 6459 0792, or Diana Lim (email: ecweediana at hotmail.com, tel: +603 6157 5976).